Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Dog breeders are crazy

I saw nova on PBS tonight (dont ask, trust me dont ask) and I was a bit stunned. It was all about dog shows and dog breeders. People think beauty pageants are morally ambiguous; dog shows are just- well there on a totally different plane, like they have very specific written statements on what the perfect dog is and all the dogs are scored off this. it has specifics on what angle the ears should leave the head, and skull to nose ratios, eye shape and nostril size. I mean there are tons of there standers for just one breed.

oh man and the dog breeders. they are like Nazis playing god. they inbreed their dogs, and say things like, "this is my dog I made him", or stuff like "I dont want any outside dogs contaminating my gene pool". exact quotes.

it just added further proof to my theory that dog breeders are crazy little people. (oh and that Germans LOVE david hasselhoff)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home